CareStar’s unique philosophy regarding Case Management places us at the forefront of the industry. With an emphasis on population health, we look holistically at the individuals we serve and design case management and support services to ensure they are receiving the best services for their specific needs. A Case Manager will connect the individual with services and supports that help them receive the care they need in the residence of their choice. At CareStar, we understand how important it is to live safely in your own home and community while remaining independent. That is why your needs are our number one (1) priority.
Since 1988, our Case Managers have earned a reputation for compassion and excellence in person-centered planning one day at a time, one person at a time. CareStar’s trained professionals will interview potential clients, as well as their informal and formal support team, to complete a thorough and accurate assessment. We respect our individuals and work diligently to help them access services that assist them in remaining healthy and safe in their homes and community.
In addition to Case Management Services, we are also the contracted or preferred provider a variety of Medicaid-based waiver programs, serving diverse populations, such as:
- Individuals with serious disabilities and/or unstable medical conditions, who are eligible for Medicaid in a hospital or nursing facility.
- Individuals with severe persistent mental illness and diagnosed chronic conditions.
- Individuals with a diagnosis of intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Individuals who are aged, disabled, or have a traumatic brain injury.
We also assist individuals living in institutions, who are transitioning to home and community-based settings by providing transition coordination and community transition services, as well as provide community health work to children and families living in rural areas. Additionally, we provide private pay, in-home personal services to the Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, OH areas.
CareStar currently operates in five (5) states – Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Georgia and is rapidly expanding our service area to provide the best for those who need us most. CareStar’s Case Management staff live and work in their communities and partner with other local providers who are knowledgeable about local resources.
Our Case Management Services not only provide peace of mind, but are also built around your unique needs. These services can include:
- The opportunity to live safely in your own home and community while remaining independent.
- 24/7 live support: No matter when you call, you will speak directly to one of our trained staff members.
- Regular, scheduled home visits and contacts from your Case Manager.
- Visits based on events that could impact your care plan.
- Local resource lists and choices.
- Program compliance planning and reminders.